Friday 15 June 2012

Reimagined Moments #1

"Hurr hurr... You think this is the real Quaid?"

Well it might be, thought the guard.  Then again it might not.  It might be Quaid using his hologram thingy... or it might actually be Quaid pretending to be a hologram in order to trick us.  I have no way of knowing, really... unless I wait to see if it flickers in that way that really makes the hologram projector next-to useless as a weapon.  But that would take time.  Time in which I might get shot if it turns out not to be a hologram.    So I think I'll shoot it anyway.  Just in case. After all, better safe than sorry.

Luckily for the guard, this train of thought only took him a split second.  What with him having been highly trained and everything.

3 comments:

  1. "you're not actually reading this are you?"

    Why should I not? Never miss a post. Even all that politics stuff :)

    Although in that rather smart/unbelivably stupid movie's defence, I think any mortal man would be momentarily taken aback by a massive Ahnuld, coming out from behind a pillar laughing. "What is that roaring growling laughter-like sound?" and "Is he going to eat me?" would be the two first questions that would pass through the guard's mind. Before he began a Dicksian questioning of reality.

    Has Doctor Who ever given any us Dickian pleasures? And if not why not? I can only think of The Pit (reality altering drugs/dreaming androids) and that unmade Stephen Gallagher script Nightmare Country (about a virtual reality indistinguishable from our own).

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Never miss a post. Even all that politics stuff"

    The politics is the bit that's good for you. Chew it. CHEW IT I SAY! ;)

    Re: "Dicksian questioning of reality"... umm, there's the bit in 'The Ultimate Foe' where Mel is in the court room watching the Doctor and a fake Mel in a fake court room inside the Matrix. Does that qualify, do you think?

    ReplyDelete