Wednesday 11 March 2015

Shabcast 2

Yes, Shabcast 2 is here.  This month, you get the first part of my immensely long (and ongoing) discussion with the wonderful Josh Marsfelder, writer of the Star Trek blog that makes all other Star Trek blogs look like nothing more than Star Trek blogs, Vaka Rangi.

There will be more of the discussion up next month in Shabcast 3.

Meanwhile, Shabcast 1 - with me and Phil Sandifer - is still available here.

And, once again, thanks to the lovely lads at the Pex Lives Podcast for providing me with the bandwidth to make this project possible.  Pex Lives' latest edition is just out, and is about 'The Trial of a Time Lord', and is very funny and opinionated (I think they're a bit hard on Colin Baker to be honest, and far too kind to The Verve).  Download or listen here.

2 comments:

  1. I'd never heard of Vaka Rangi before. Now I'm really angry that I'd never heard of Vaka Rangi before.

    You're 100% right - it's the Star Trek blog that makes all other Star Trek blogs look "meh" in comparison. It's exactly the critical look of the show that's been missing since the days of the old "Best Of Trek" compilation books (where 11-year old me first learned about cultural/media analysis from non-traditional perspectives). It's the kind of thing that Doctor Who fans/scholars have been doing since - lord - 1983's The Unfolding Text, but that Star Trek fans haven't really done.

    And it's absolutely fantastic. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, you are so flippin' welcome, it's unreal. :-)

      Delete